Dr. Miven Donato, DPT, DC
By taking a whole mind, body, spiritual view of healing, Dr. Donato connects with patients to get to the source of pain or disease. The therapy is then customized, implemented and monitored to fit a patient’s needs and allow the body to heal itself.
Click each tab to read detailed information around each service. You will find pricing, references and more. Interested patients can review Registration Requirements for further details.
The Gerson Therapy had its beginnings in the work of Dr. Max Gerson, MD, a German Jew, in Germany early on in his career as a physician. He had been battling with severe migraines. Because of his keen interest in human biology and health he experimented on himself by dietary restriction of certain foods and emphasis on plant-based whole organic foods. As a result he “cured” himself of the debilitating migraines. The strict dietary program he founded in the 1920’s later became known as the legendary Gerson Therapy. The same dietary program also “cured” many types of chronic degenerative health conditions from tuberculosis to cancer.
When Dr. Gerson and his family immigrated to the United States before World War II, he continued his work in the state of New York where he was licensed to practice medicine. He successfully treated hundreds of cancer patients who had been given up by traditional medicine as hopeless. Since cancer was and continues to be a dreaded terminal disease, the Gerson Therapy became world-renowned for non-conventional cancer therapy.
“I see in Dr. Gerson one of the most eminent geniuses in the history of medicine.” – Albert Schweitzer, MD
- Q & A Session (Visitor or Guest). This 30-minute web-based video meeting appointment is a question and answer session about the Gerson Therapy service(s) offered by Dr. Donato. This session does not instruct in the home Gerson Therapy. This service is NOT for established clients of Dr. Donato.
- Q & A Session (Established Client). This 30 minute web-based video meeting appointment is only for established clients of Dr. Donato who need to communicate with Dr. Donato verbally with a list of items or concerns that requires time for reasoning and/or explanation regarding the given Gerson Therapy protocol or other clinical matters.
There is no health insurance coverage for this service. Accepted forms of payment are major credit cards (Visa, MC, AmEx, Discover). (U.S. only: Debit cards with a Visa logo are accepted. HSA (Health Savings Account) or Flex Spending card with a visa logo is accepted.
Lab testing service is through DirectLabs, which is accessible nationwide. Since the lab work is frequently ordered every 4 to 6 weeks insurances typically deny coverage.
Payment is made by credit card at the time the order is placed with DirectLabs. We accept all major credit cards. The prices listed are all inclusive and no extra charges within the continental USA. Once you have placed your order, you will receive an automated confirmation email with an attached receipt.
To assist in confirming a diagnosis, various imaging techniques may help to confirm the finding, and also serve as a way to study and monitor the medical issue over time.
Ultrasound, bone scan, x-ray, MRI and CT and PET/CT may be ordered if indicated. Or, a client’s physician may order tests prior to a visit. These imaging techniques may shed new light on the effect in the body, so that the right treatment can be recommended.
NOTE: Health insurance plans for the most part will cover diagnostic imaging studies if ordered by a medical doctor.
There are 4 ways to go on the Gerson Therapy for clients seriously considering this approach to address cancer and other serious chronic diseases:
1. Be a patient at the Gerson Clinic in Tijuana, Mexico or Gerson Health Centre in Hungary. It is a 1-2 week stay in a boarding clinic. The client receives the full therapy including meals, juices, supplements, coffee enemas and other detoxification methods. The client also undergoes daily laboratory tests. At the end of the stay the client returns home and continues the program with the help of a trained family member. The client then follows up with the treating Gerson physician once a month via a phone consultation. Lab work is done prior to the monthly phone consultation to monitor progress. Health insurances do not pay for the Gerson Therapy. Payments are out-of-pocket. For more information, Click here.
2. Consult with a Certified Gerson Practitioner on an Outpatient Basis. Please note that this is not an in-residence or in-patient stay. The Gerson physician will create an individualized schedule protocol for the client to follow daily. At the initial office consultation the client will be given specific instructions in the method and procedures covering the diet, juicing, supplementation and coffee enemas. In addition at Dr. Donato’s clinic, a comprehensive full body cleansing/detoxification instruction will be provided. This comprehensive cleanse is not required and not part of the Gerson Therapy but is strongly recommended. It is a requirement that the client is seen in person at the initial consultation. Follow-up consult is once a month after the initial office consultation. Follow-ups can also be done through phone consultations depending on the case. Lab work is ordered a few days prior to each follow up visit. Health insurances do not pay for the Gerson Therapy. Payments are also out-of-pocket. For a listing of Certified Gerson Practitioners, Click here.
3. Coaching Program by a trained staff member of the Gerson Institute. This feature provides the client who cannot financially afford the above mentioned services (Gerson Clinic or Certified Gerson Practitioner) can still have some assistance in the home Gerson Therapy. Lab orders and lab interpretations are not included here. The Gerson client is responsible to arrange the lab tests and interpretation with the family physician or specialist. To learn more about this coaching program, please contact the Gerson Institute: 1- 888-443-7766 (US and Canada) or 1-800-838-2256 (US only) or 1-619-685-5353 (San Diego).
4. Do-it-yourself Home Program by following the book, Healing the Gerson Way by Charlotte Gerson. There are disadvantages to this approach: It is difficult to monitor progress or make necessary changes to the protocol since there is no lab work done. The program is so work intensive that without the guidance and direction of a certified practitioner, some important elements may be missing or left out in the program. There is also no accountability on the client’s part to maintain the motivation. However those who cannot afford the above three options may not have a choice but to do the program on their own.
Before embarking on the Gerson Therapy, the following is highly recommended:
Before Making An Appointment